Tuesday 4 June 2013

Dazed & Confused (1993)









Here's the link to trailer : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqLRPGfYlBI

OMAIGOD. You guys have no IDEA how much love I have for this movie. Every teenager have to watch this. HAVE TO. This is exactly what every teen secretly wants to experience in their youth days (or is it just me). Let me just start with the cast, AMAZING.  FYI Matthew McConaugheyBen Affleck, and Milla Jovovich actually made one of their first appearance in this movie (Hold on, let me just say thank you to Richard Linklater for making this film happen). Okay, so the movie takes place in the late 70's. The time to celebrate the joys of beer blasts, pot smoking and Frampton Comes Alive (famous band in the 70's). The whole story of this movie is about the last day of school and the long night that follows it. On just one night, everything and nothing could happen. Get the idea ? This film follows a large number of teenagers, boys and girls, popular and not, "good" and "troubled," as they drive aimlessly around town, drink beer, hang out, trade adolescent life-truths, experiment with sex, fights, and in general, just trying to figure out " WHAT THE F*CK SHOULD I DO WITH MY LIFE". Oh, and lets not forget that pretty much everyone smokes a ton of pot. Now, the reason why I love this movie so much is because is not about whether the hero gets the girl, or the nerd loses his virginity, or the bully gets beaten up. It's simply about just trying to go with the flow, chilling, socializing and be cool. No drama, just laid back funny kind of thing. Plus, the dialog that they got going on is simply genius and funny at the same time. For example,
Man, it's the same bullshit they tried to pull in my day. If it ain't that piece of paper, there's some other choice they're gonna try and make for you. You gotta do what Randall Pink Floyd wants to do man. Let me tell you this, the older you do get the more rules they're gonna try to get you to follow. You just gotta keep livin' man, L-I-V-I-N." - Wooderson  
Ahah love this line. Other than all of that, their fashion is to die for.  Everything the stoners wore had its roots in traditional 70's garb and felt very authentic. And the GIRLS, high-waisted pants everywhere omg.
 Here's some soundtracks to get you dancing : 
  • School's Out - Alice Cooper
  • Cherrybomb - The Runaways
  • Rock & Roll All Night - KISS
  • Low Rider - WAR
  • Slow Ride - Foghat 

Okay, I guess I'm done babbling about this film. All time favorite, don't judge me. You guys should really watch it.
  "I only came here to do two things, kick some ass and drink some beer"
Thanks for reading.
Karissa xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment